Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Treetop Fireworks




Treetop fireworks.  Late September, early fall.  The time when the reds, yellows and oranges start flirting with the greens.  Part of me sad to see summer go.  I am just not ready yet.  Seemingly unexpected, even if it happens at this time every single year.  Summertime’s denouement.  Colors literally changing daily right now.  The trees seemingly coaxing each other.  You go first.  No you go first.  Ok, I’ll go.  Staggered.  Patiently taking turns.  Not all trees blushing at once.  A certain element of surprise noticing which ones come next.  Spotty.  A carefully orchestrated glowing shade choreography.  Each and every summer leaf completely surrendering, knowing that it has served its purpose.  Oxygen generator no more, it is ready to expire and fertilize the next generation.  Accepting its fate.  Preparing to let go.  Leaving in its most stunning attire, as if to celebrate its last days supported by these mother branches.  Last Friday, I rode out to Shediac again through Memramcook and Haute Aboujagane.  Alone, I took the time to notice and appreciate the beginning of nature’s spectacle as the seasons change.  As much as I am sad to see the dog days dissolve, I can’t help but feel inspired by nature’s fall foliage fiesta.  Have you been noticing?  Treetop fireworks.

 

No comments: