Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Luck?

It is estimated that 40 innocent, genetically disadvantaged children are diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes each day in the US.

Adele is one of the lucky ones. She has 2 parents that love her very, very much and are commited to giving her the best possible care. We have medical insurance to cover the very expensive cost of her treatment. My job enables me (and my wife) to be on Diabetes call while at work. Because of my work as a computer analyst, I have experience working with numbers. Adele is an only child therefore we can put 100% of our focus on her care (I know families with 2 or more Type 1 children).

But then I often hear of families who do not have all these ressources. What about these Type 1 gamers? How long will they be able to stay in the game?

No comments: