Friday, January 2, 2009

Appreciate the little things

Our New Year's plans were quite simple. We went out for supper with my family, went to my sister and brother-in-laws and had my parents over for the night. Adele was very excited to have her grand-parents sleep over.

After a low (2.6) right before leaving for supper, Adele's sugars were very, very stable for a whole 24 hours! Yippee!! On New Year's eve, she was 6.8 before supper, then 7.2, then 6.7 and 6.8 at 10pm with no bedtime snack. The bolus that I had given her for her supper was gone and her meal was digested, so I could relax knowing that the basal insulin programmed in her pump seemed to be enough to keep her sugar in check. I would like to say a big thanks to the Type 1 gods for this gift enabling us go to sleep confidently at 10pm. I really appreciated it, even more than being able to stay up to welcome the new year!

Sugars were also good on New Year's day aside from a low in the morning which Adele felt and told us - she was 3.3. She often doesn't notice until she's much lower than this. She started to creep up though just before bedtime. She went up to 13.1 a few hours after her evening snack. I guess the stable streak had to end at some point. It's all part of the never-ending adventure that is the Type 1 game...

No comments: