Friday, July 31, 2020

All bikes matter



 

I love loud freehubs and quiet drivetrains. I love loud socks and quiet Sunday mornings. I love crisp shifting and noiseless braking. I love the clicking sound of cleats clipping into pedals. I love the crunchy sound and weightless feeling of floating over endless gravel roads, head down, spinning in the drops. I love carving berms and clearing tabletop jumps ripping through flowy singletrack. I love working long, switchbacked road climbs, alternating sitting and standing, dancing with my bike, swaying my machine back and forth. I love tucking on the descents. I love the buzz sound and endless traction of high volume fat studded tires on frozen solid, packed snow. I love riding my bikes. All of them. No favorites. No discrimination. All bikes matter.

No comments: