Thursday, October 31, 2019

Disappear


Disappear. As soon as my gaze caught a glimpse of the fluffy clouds being reflected on the water, I understood that I needed to stop to take it all in before the moment vanished. The wind was very weak. My connection to nature around me very strong. I imagined what my surroundings would be like if I wasn’t there to notice. The clouds would continue to slowly drift. The tall golden grass would continue to gently sway in the light breeze. And the water would continue to accentuate the beauty of the skies above. The only difference would be my absence. Like a single grain of sand on a vast beach, my presence seemed so insignificant in the midst of the beauty around me. Strangely, for some reason, looking at the world as if I wasn’t in it made it even more beautiful. Pretending that I didn’t exist made it easier for me to recognize it’s splendor, instead of how I usually look at it, through the distorted lens of my conditioned ego. We’re all going die. And when we do, all of our fears and worries will be gone in an instant. That, I know for sure. Die before you die to deepen your appreciation of the amazingly beautiful world around you. Disappear.

No comments: